Find out how orthopedic care could treat your knee pain.
From sports-related injuries to chronic health problems, there are many reasons why someone might be dealing with knee pain. If you are experiencing knee pain our Joliet, IL, surgeons Dr. Ryan Pizinger, Dr. Joe George and Dr. Rebecca Kuo can help. We offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options to get your knee pain under control.
What is causing my knee pain?
Knee pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal issues that cause people to see their doctor. Those who lead active lifestyles may be more at risk of developing knee problems over the years. Here are some of the common knee pain causes,
- Strains and sprains
- Ligament tears
- Torn meniscus
- Runner’s knee
Depending on the cause of your knee pain you may also experience swelling, limited functionality and mobility, buckling or pain when bearing weight on the knee.
What can I do to treat my knee pain?
If you experienced a minor knee injury you may be able to treat the problem on your own with proper rest and by following these conservative treatment options,
- Icing the knee every three hours for 15-20 minutes at a time for the first 2-3 days after your injury
- Bandaging or wearing compression stockings to reduce swelling and to provide support
- Elevating the knee above your heart when sitting down to reduce swelling
- Taking pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications to alleviate discomfort
- Performing light stretching and strengthening exercises, as prescribed by your Joliet, IL, orthopedist
Our orthopedic team here in Joliet, Bolingbrook and Channahon, IL, can help you if you are experiencing,
- Knee pain caused by an injury
- Knee pain that gets worse when putting weight on the affected leg
- Joint knee pain that affects your daily routine
- Persistent knee pain despite conservative care and rest
- Knee pain due to arthritis
Our orthopedic specialists can offer both nonsurgical and surgical treatment options depending on the cause of your knee pain. Nonsurgical treatment may include customized physical therapy, rehabilitation and medication.
Our surgeons can also discuss whether your injury or condition could benefit from surgery. At Illinois Orthopedic Institute we offer a wide range of advanced and minimally invasive knee surgeries and procedures including partial or full knee replacements, cartilage transplants, knee arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction and knee revision.
Illinois Orthopedic Institute offers the best knee surgeons in Joliet, Bolingbrook and Channahon, IL. If you are dealing with knee pain, arthritis or other musculoskeletal conditions or injuries call our office today to schedule an evaluation.